Windscreen Scratch Polishing
If you have wiper scratches, a graffitti scratch or grafitti scratches on your shop window, windscreen, side glasses or heated rear windscreen scratches caused by faulty windscreen wiper blades, ice scrapers, accidents or vandalism, then Glass Doctors can fix it using the windscreen scratch removal process.
This is how to remove scratches from glass
The following process is carried out to repair a scratch:
- To start the area that is damaged is inspected and assessed carefully for the best method of treatment. Sometimes it can just be polished but on deeper damage it may have to be ground out first. The work area will also be marked and cleaned.
- The scratch is removed from the windscreen by a specially controlled grinding process.
- Then the ground area is carefully repolished to a finer grade of surface finish to restore most of the optical clarity.
- Finally, specialist polish is used to remove all traces of grinding.
- The result is glass in “as-good-as-new condition.”
Glass Doctors can clear up most of your scratch problems on flat or curved windows, because we really know how to remove scratches on glass it doesn’t matter what make, model or year your vehicle is. Nor does it matter if it is tinted, laminated or toughened glass – Glass Doctors can repair it! The Scratch Removal Process keeps the vehicle ORIGINAL and can also save you money and prevent devaluation of your vehicle due to scratches.
Also if you are a dealer, Glass Doctors can repair damaged products before sale and prevent delay and the costs of expensive replacements later on when the customer has noticed the damage. We also do a lot of new cars with cleaning scratches. N.B. scratch removal is not suitable for removing pits from windscreens or doing scratches less than 3″ from an edge or diamond ring scratches on the inside of the screen in front of the driver.
Retail Shop Windows
Vandalised Shop Window? We can repair your scratched windows as easily as we can repair car windscreens!
Don’t let graffiti or vandalism affect your business, we can make scratches in shop windows look as good-as-new. Glass Windows in shops can be incredibly expensive if you have suffered from graffiti scratches, acid or chemical damage we can repair the damage, saving you the window!
Typical cost of scratch removal on vehicles is £70 – £120 side glasses and £100 – £150 per arc on windscreens. Glass Doctors accept no liability for any glass that cracks whilst being worked on, which is a risk on heavily scratched front screens.
Shop windows £250 – £350. A more accurate estimate can be given by ringing us if you are unsure of how to remove scratches on glass.